Dr. Shea Tuberty, professor in the Department of Biology, has been selected as the director of App State's 2024–29 Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
Appalachian State has selected "Climate Literacy and Response-Ability: Cultivating Resilient and Just Communities" as the proposed topic for its next QEP.
As part of our decennial reaccreditation process, Appalachian will initiate a new Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) to take effect by Fall 2024.
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is an integral component of the reaffirmation of accreditation process and is derived from an institution's ongoing comprehensive planning and evaluation processes. It reflects and affirms a commitment to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue the institution considers important to improving student learning outcomes and/or student success.
- has a topic identified through its ongoing, comprehensive planning and evaluation processes;
- has broad-based support of institutional constituencies;
- focuses on improving specific student learning outcomes and/or student success;
- commits resources to initiate, implement, and complete the QEP; and
- includes a plan to assess achievement.
From SACSCOC The Principals of Accreditation, Section 7